SPENCER TROWBRIDGE ASSOCIATE, PORTLAND OFFICE
Intellectual Property, Media and Technology
• Representing high tech, media and creative arts companies in transactional matters and in disputes, including copyright, trademark and contract disputes.
• Drafting and negotiating licensing transactions.
• Drafting and negotiating agreements for the sale and transfer of intellectual property assets.
• Advising companies on intellectual property management and protection.
Arts and Entertainment
• Drafting and negotiating recording agreements, distribution agreements, music publishing agreements and management agreements.
• Representing artists, performers and entertainment companies in legal affairs. Representative clients include IndieBlitz, The Slants and Errick Lewis (Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Stevie Wonder)
• Drafting and negotiating digital distribution agreements, including agreements for digital downloads, streaming (interactive and non-interactive), podcasts and ringtones.
• Licensing rights for film, television, videogames and advertising.
• Copyright and trademark registration.
Corporate and Business Affairs
• Representing individuals and businesses in corporate matters, including entity selection, corporate formation, asset purchases, stock purchases and corporate governance.
• Drafting and negotiating independent contractor agreements, consulting agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
• Unfair trade practices litigation.
• Business litigation.
Swider Medeiros Haver, Portland, OR, focusing on intellectual property, entertainment, media, technology, business and litigation.
Business & Legal Affairs, CD Baby, Portland, OR, supervising both domestic and international licensing transactions involving the distribution of the company's catalog through emerging business models and platforms.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
• Oregon State Bar Association
• Member, Oregon Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law
B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude, University of Oregon